Saturday, February 15, 2014

I hate Windows!!!!!

Since I was in high school I've used Mac or Linux OSs. I used Windows for some simulation work in grad school, but that was the only time. Even then, I used a Mac to post-process the results from the simulation. In the past few years I've had to use Windows.  And an old version of Windows, at that. It's a company mandated thing since they can control data flow and security in Windows. To me, Windows is slow and clunky. I can use it, and I use it better than most of my Windows-for-life colleagues but it seems like there's always something slowing it down or screwing it up. Hopefully, too few people read this blog to start an OS flame war.  I just hate being forced to use this system.

In grad school I had freedom in my OS choice with the exception of Windows-specific programs (of which, there weren't many).  The first thing I'll do when switching careers is stop using Windows at all. And if a program necessitates Windows, I'll stop using the program. There are other (digital) fish in the sea.  Again, this is just my experience. I don't have a preference for Apple, Microsoft, Open Source. I have a preference for things that work. And actually, Apple's new OS has made it so I can't use some of my own programs. And it's a little slow with more crashes since the update than all past updates I had combined. So I may have to start sticking with Linux. 

I just can't stand another random error message, waiting for my computer to do things, or a blue screen. Grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment