Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Moving in before commitment

So like many married couples, my spouse and I co-habitated together prior to marriage. Marriage seemed like a formality. And when we started to live together we already started our lifestyles into more of a married one. Why delay moving in if we know we're going to be together? I know there are personal as religious implications, but from a personal standpoint, if I know something is inevitable I have trouble focusing on the present because I know what's on the horizon. So we moved in immediately when we thought we were ready.

In 13 months I'll be quitting my job and moving to New College University (NCU). I know it's inevitable, but in this case I can't leave early because of obligations. So I'm stuck with this anxiety about my next stage in life.

I keep looking online at houses at NCU even though these probably won't be on the market when I move out there.  I kind of want to pull the trigger on a house just to have there; ready for me.  I can start making upgrades while I'm away.  But I think this is just my anxiety: wanting to 'move' in before I'm married....

3 comments:

  1. Buy the perfect house now! You can rent it for the upcoming school year, then gut it in May and make it your dream house just in time for your arrival! A way to get income in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I didn't think about it that way. Though I fear it may be too late for that option with the semester starting next month. I can't find a house, check neighborhoods, and find a tenant on that short notice. Unless I take time off work.

      Delete
    2. Take the time off of work and do it! It will take something off your list for moving

      Delete