Sunday, December 22, 2013

My Christmas amp-mix

The trip home for Christmas gets me in the Christmas spirit. Every year during travel I watch a lot of Christmas specials and movies and play a ton of music and watch YouTube vids. I don't have a lot of time for this with all the decorating, shopping, and incredibly busy work. Christmas this year, more so than normal, really snuck up on me. Maybe because there's less time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, maybe because I've had a lot of stuff going on with work and the search for an academic job. Regardless, here's a few of my favorites that I'm using to get me in the spirit:

The Roots, Jimmy Fallon, Mariah Carey
All I want for Christmas is you 

Stephen Colbert, Audra McDonald
Baby it's cold outside 

The Temptations
Silent night

South Park
Have yourself a merry little Christmas 

Celtic Women/Chloe Agnew
Oh holy night

Michael Buble
White Christmas

Earth Kitt
Santa baby

Jackson 5
Santa Claus is coming to town

Jose Feliciano
Felix Navidad

The last song is especially important because it really reminds me I my childhood. We had a janitor at my school that started the day early and left before lunch every day. During Christmas season he would bust out a guitar and sing at lunch for all of is kids. It was the first time I can remember someone really caring about the holiday and wanting to spread joy. 

Those are just a few. If I get a chance I'll post some more. These combined with Chatlie Brown, National Lampoon, Trading Places, etc gets me ready to tolerate family. Now remember to be good, or Krumpus will get you!




No comments:

Post a Comment